What is a Piston?
The Piston is an essential part of the internal combustion engine which is key in converting the fuel which you use to fill up your car into energy to drive the car forward. It is a moving component which is used to transfer the force from the gas which expands in the cylinders to the crankshaft to turn the wheels.
If your vehicle’s Piston isn’t functioning optimally and you are on the lookout for replacements then Basic Auto Part is just the place to find them. Just fill in your requirements and we will help you acquire the best suited high quality used Piston for any make or model.
Signs That Your Vehicle’s Piston Needs Replacement
There are some telltale signs that are indicative of problems in your vehicle’s Piston. Most common problems arising due to malfunctioning Piston include:
- Excessive consumption of lubricating oil due to its leaking into the combustion chamber
- Reduced engine power as a result of loss of compression
- Thick, gray, bluish or white smoke coming out of the exhaust, caused by burning oil in the combustion chamber
- Loss of acceleration when the piston ring damage reaches a critical level
- An engine that overheats too quickly
- Engine noise
- Engine misfires
- Poor engine performance
- Piston skirt seizure in the cylinder
- Dry running damage.
All these problems in a Piston need to be dealt at the earliest. At Basic Auto Part, we help you find and buy high quality used Piston for your vehicle that are perfectly matched and have a valid warranty.